Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) – IT Support
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the primary Federal agency for improving access to health care by strengthening the health care workforce, building healthy communities and achieving health equity. HRSA’s programs provide health care to people who are geographically isolated, economically or medically vulnerable.
Over 2,000 HRSA employees and contractors require reliable access to the agency’s IT infrastructure and desktop support. The geographic reach of the global IT Infrastructure encompasses ten regional offices and operations throughout CONUS, Hawaii, Alaska and US territories in the Pacific and Caribbean. It was critical for HRSA to have quality and reliable support from an experienced contractor that could meet the demands of the project and provide services with a customer service focus.
Scope of Work
HRSA awarded a multi-year contract to Ventura for maintenance and operations of the agency’s information technology infrastructure and desktop support services. Ventura provided HRSA with Information Technology (IT) professional services in five primary task areas:
- General Network Support – to maintain the Local Area Network (LAN) and ensure that the LAN and its various hardware and software components remain operational and available for use on a 24-hour basis.
- Application Server Maintenance – to provide general network and technical support to application servers and systems managed for HRSA.
- CISCO Infrastructure Support – to provide support and maintain the CISCO equipment infrastructure and cabling plant. Assist in the analysis, design, implementation, and support of identified tasks including analysis, design engineering, implementation, transfer of knowledge, and post deployment support.
- Tier 2 Service Desk Management (Desktop Support) – to provide desktop support services to approximately 2,000 government and contractor employees.
- Management Analysis – to provide IT Program support for projects to include such activities as Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Project Management, Continuity of Operations (COOP), Hot Backup Site, Data Center Move, Virtual Desktop, and Help Desk Analysis.
Ventura established robust IT service delivery processes and maintained a skilled team of IT professionals that were highly responsive to HRSA’s needs. The team put a high priority in customer service, which translated into a large number of tickets closed and high levels of customer satisfaction among the customer base. For five years, Ventura maintained or exceeded the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) of this project.
“Ventura provides outstanding service and support. Your staff are dedicated and committed to providing a quality product.”Mike Bland, Chief Network Operations at HRSA
Share this Past Performance