The Ventura Group, Inc.
Job Title: System Administrator
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Install, configure, maintain and administer computer systems and other servers VMware and Citrix.
- System administration tasks include, but are not limited to, auditing system logs, password changes, authoring/deploying group policies and user account maintenance.
- Install, maintain and administer software based on commercial operating systems, including but not limited to Windows XP/7/10, Solaris, Linux, UNIX, and Windows Server 2008/2012/2013.
- Manage and install system application software and patches.
- Install, configure and maintain rack mounted and stand workstations/servers.
- Manage local system backups.
- Manage remote system backup connections and utilities.
- Support the installing, virtualizing, testing, configuring, securing, troubleshooting, documenting, and supporting maintenance and operations of networks at the Secret classified level.
- Perform internal network configuration and troubleshooting on routers, switches, TACLANEs, and network firewalls.
- Activate circuits, execute end-to-end troubleshooting for circuits, network outages, and coordinate problem resolution with any external entities as required.
- Properly safeguard and account for all locally supported internal network devices IAW Information Technology Asset Management policies.
- Perform preventative maintenance in accordance with original equipment manufacturer (OEM) recommendations.
- Implement changes to firewall policy as directed by Configuration Manager.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Security+ (or other certification to meet Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II requirements).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Professional working environment in an office space on a military base.
- Interacts with on-base military, contractor and other personnel.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Ventura Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other non-merit factor.