- Extensive experience using ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, MVC, Visual Studio, TFS, SQL Server, and Telerik.
- Working in Agile SCRUM environment.
- Experience as a System Architect or Development Team Lead.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, web application architecture and relational database design
- A focused and persistent work ethic.
- The ability to forecast and deliver timely on level of effort estimates.
- Adaptability to follow the team’s mode of operation.
- Strong technical and problem-solving abilities.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Ensures compliance with Department of State’s IT security standards.
- Researches, tests, builds, and integrates enhancements or new products based on client requirements.
- Coordinates conversion and/or integration projects.
- Designs and develops new major software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Prepares and provides software-related documentation.
- Provides status reports for ongoing work.
- Coordinates and addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Acts as team leader on projects.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
- Facilitates change control, problem management, and communication among programmers and analysts.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in software development is desired, but not mandatory.